Geranium Essential Oil
A member of the Pelargonium genus of flower species, Geraniums (Pelagronium graveolens) are grown for their beauty and as a staple of the perfume industry. While there are over 200 different varieties of Pelargonium flowers, only a few are used as essential oils. Geranium oil is steam distilled from the whole Pelagronium graveolens plant, yielding an oil with an herbaceous, green, floral, sweet, dry aroma.
Uses of Geranium Essential Oil date back to ancient Egypt when Egyptians used Geranium oil to beautify skin and for its internal health benefits. In the Victorian era, fresh Geranium leaves were placed at formal dining tables as decorative pieces and to be consumed as a fresh sprig if desired; in fact, the edible leaves and flowers of the plant are often used in desserts, cakes, jellies, and teas. As an essential oil, Geranium has been used to promote clear, healthy skin—making it ideal for skin care products. It also helps calm nerves, lessen anxiety, and support a healthy liver.
GERANIUM ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS & USES
Primary Benefits of Geranium Oil
- Promotes clear, healthy skin
- Helps calm nerves and lessen anxiety
- Supports liver health
Common uses for Geranium Oil
- Use in an aromatherapy steam facial to beautify skin.
- Add a drop to your moisturizer to help balance oil production.
- Geranium is great for both dry and oily hair. Apply a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner bottle, or make your own deep hair conditioner.
- Diffuse aromatically to help relieve occasional stress, anxiety, and tension.
- Infertility: helps to balance hormones and/or increase progesterone levels
How to use
Geranium oil is intended for aromatic, topical and internal use. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution for those with sensitive skin is recommended.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
- To Balance Hormones: Use Geranium oil topically over the kidneys daily.
- To Overcome Low Progesterone Levels: Place 3 drops each of geranium, marjoram and thyme oil diluted with coconut oil over the liver at night.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
TO PURCHASE AT THE WHOLESALE PRICE, CLICK HERE
Pour des informations sur Le Géranium en Français