Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense is from the Burseraceae family (resinous trees and shrubs), and is found in three primary species: Boswellia frereana, B. carterii and B. sacra. The oil is steam distilled from the gum or resin, yielding an oil with a warm, spicy, clean aroma, and has high levels of α-pinene.
As the king of oils, frankincense is perhaps the most precious of the ancient oils. Renowned as one of the most-prized and precious of the essential oils, its notoriety extends back to the ancient Egyptians, who used its resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. The Babylonians and Assyrians would burn frankincense in religious ceremonies.
Frankincense is highly sought after by modern consumers, as well, with a body of centuries-old knowledge contributing to its many uses. It is known to have many, extraordinary, benefits to your health, both internally and externally. It’s soothing and beautifying properties can be used to rejuvenate skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes. It is known to promote cellular health and help to build and maintain a healthy immune system, supporting healthy immune system function. And, when inhaled or diffused, frankincense induces feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and overall wellness.
Whether used aromatically, topically or internally, frankincense can be consumed daily for its many internal benefits.
FRANKINCENSE ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS & USES
Primary benefits of Frankincense Oil
- Helps build and maintain a healthy immune system
- Promotes cellular health
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and rejuvenates skin
- Supports healthy immune system function
- Promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and overall wellness
Common uses for Frankincense Oil
- Rub frankincense on your hands, after a long day of gardening or working, to support healthy immune system function.
- Apply to the face, to reduce the appearance of blemishes and rejuvenate the skin.
- Applied to the bottoms of feet, to promote feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and an overall sense of wellness.
- To Balance Hormones
How to use
Frankincense is mild enough to be used without dilution, in most instances.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl oz of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. While frankincense oil is gentle enough to be used neat, dilution with fractionated coconut oil will help to minimize any possible skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
- To Balance Hormones: Put 2 to 3 drops of Frankincense oil under the tongue morning and night.
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and sensitive areas.
TO PURCHASE AT THE WHOLESALE PRICE, CLICK HERE
Pour des informations sur L’Encens en Français